Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fifth Grade Memories - Campton School

I wanted to find my fifth grade picture of Denise Manzer.  She was in Mrs. Jauhola's class with me and a close neighbor - she on the upper end of Charles, me on Banks across from her end of Charles.  I will write about Deenie once I find that photo.  Meanwhile, here's a pictures of Mrs. J:

I thought Mrs. Jauhola was a real stylish lady.  I believe the ensemble in the pic was robin's egg blue - a matching skirt and sweater.

Mrs. J. absolutely loved art.  We spent hours and hours for weeks and months constructing paper mache dinosaurs or, in my case, an extinct mammal, the woolly rhinoceros.  The project never seemed to end.  On the last day of school before the Christmas break Denise and I carried home quart jars of gooey paste used for the project.  We buried the jars of goo under the snow in our backyards. If left in the classroom it would have rotted during vacation.  Once vacation was over Denise and I carried the jars back to the classroom and the art project continued.

1 comment:

Sue Morrow said...

Did we have any elementary classes together? I know I had Mrs. Pope for 5th grade and I don't remember any art projects. She seemed OLD! Probably our age! I remember Mrs. Jahoula too, but nothing about her outside of school. Mrs. Pope's son, George, is writing a book about living in a company town and interviewed my mom. He probably should be interviewing you! You have a great memory.
Keep the blogs coming!